30 races have been won by second or third top rated horses and 57 top-rated selections have placed including Connectivity in the 15:15 at Uttoxeter on Saturday with Betfair place SP of 7.09, Solaras Exhibition in the 17:15 at Lingfield on Saturday with a Betfair place SP of 7.00 and Doctor Hilary in the 19:50 at Wolverhampton on Saturday with a Betfair place SP of 5.54. Were it not for the latter being beaten by a neck, it would have been a clean sweep for the top-rated selections at Wolverhampton on Saturday night – the other 6 all won. To view the overall performance of the top-rated selections, please click here.
Since the beginning of March, backing every top-rated selection to win has returned a profit of 33.28 points, backing them to place has returned a profit of 24.80 points and dutching the top 3 in every race has returned a profit of 32.93 points - a total profit of 91.01 points after commission (based on Betfair SPs).
Bobs Worth landed the Cheltenham Gold Cup (photo: Sporting Life)
At Fishers Cross was victorious in the Albert Bartlett (photo: Sporting Life)
Overall there were 7 top-rated winners from 20 rated races at Cheltenham this year – a 35% win rate. Backing every top-rated selection to win would have returned a level stakes profit of 12.61 points after commission (based on Betfair SPs) – a cracking result.
The win rate jumps up to 37% (10 winners out of 27 races), and the returns up to 16.17 points if you include backing the top-rated selections in races featuring unrated horses. Please note: Cherry Picks ratings for EVERY UK & Irish race can be accessed from the daily racecard download on JustStartHere (see the “REALCPRATING” column).
Well done to Charles from London who placed an £8 tricast bet on the top 3 rated Cherry Picks selections in the Gold Cup and won £304. How did you get on at Cheltenham this year?
There have been 11 top-rated winners over the last 3 days:
- Petit Robin in the 14:30 at Sandown on Saturday (Betfair SP of 17.26)
- Home Runin the 12:30 at Exeter on Friday (BSP of 9.05)
- Paddy’s Saltantes in the 11:35 at Lingfield on Saturday (BSP of 7.34)
- Kung Hei Fat Choy in the 12:40 at Lingfield on Saturday (BSP of 6.80)
- Thecornishcowboy in the 15:40 at Lingfield on Friday (BSP of 4.70)
- Bear’s Affair in the 14:45 at Aintree on Saturday (BSP of 4.53)
- The Big Freeze in the 15:15 at Exeter on Friday (BSP of 4.47)
- Tanerko Emery in the 15:30 at Sandown on Friday (BSP of 3.40)
- Lively Baron in the 15:40 at Sandown on Saturday (BSP of 2.93)
- Super Say in the 13:20 at Lingfield on Friday (BSP of 1.69)
- Sprinter Sacre in the 15:05 at Sandown on Saturday (BSP of 1.40)
Sprinter Sacre put in an awesome performance in the Tingle Creek Chase (photo: Sporting Life)
Lively Baron won the finale on Tingle Creek Day (photo: Sporting Life)
Petit Robin gamely returned to winning ways (photo: Sporting Life)
27 top-rated selections have placed and 10 races have been won by second or third top-rated selections including Golden Shoe who won the 19:00 at Dundalk on Friday with a huge Betfair SP of 52.54 and Douglas Julian who won the 13:55 at Kelso yesterday with a Betfair SP of 28.79. To view the overall performance of our top-rated selections, please click here.
Friday 9th November 2012 There have been 9 top-rated winners over the last 2 days:
- Morestead in the 13:20 at Warwick on Wednesday (BSP of 17.73)
- Benmadigan in the 16:00 at Musselburgh yesterday (BSP of 6.80)
- Or De Grugy in the 15:30 at Musselburgh yesterday (BSP of 5.78)
- Dunkelly Castle in the 15:30 at Warwick on Wednesday (BSP of 5.10)
- Desperate Dex in the 15:40 at Chepstow on Wednesday (BSP of 4.43)
- Nameitwhatyoulike in the 15:15 at Nottingham on Wednesday (4.11)
- Layali Dubai in the 19:20 at Wolverhampton yesterday (BSP of 3.70)
- Highland Lodge in the 12:50 at Towcester yesterday (BSP of 2.52)
- Roi Du Mee in the 13:25 at Thurles yesterday (BSP of 1.93)
Roi Du Mee made it back-to-back wins over fences after landing an incident-packed race at Thurles yesterday (photo: Racing Post)
18 top-rated selections have placed & 13 races have been won by second or third top-rated horses including Validus in the 19:25 at Kempton on Wednesday with a Betfair SP of 22 & Night And Dance in the 16:55 at Kempton on Wednesday with a Betfair SP of 14. Dutching the top 3 in every race over the last 2 days would have returned a profit of 14.20 points after Betfair commission (based on Betfair SPs).
Cherry Pips: +15.70 points (574.70 points amassed in 2012)
Full Results (Please note: these 2 systems are not connected to our ratings)
The 2011/12 Jumps Season – How The Top-Rated Cherry Picks Selections Fared In The Big Races
After reading Timeform’s preview of the 2012/13 Jumps Season, we decided to investigate how the top-rated Cherry Picks selections fared in 19 of the biggest races of the 2011/12 Jumps Season (as identified by Timeform). You can read the report here. How will our top-rated selections fare in the key races of the 2012/13 Jumps Season…?