Friday 1st February 2013
There have been 15 top-rated winners over the last 2 days:
- Chelsea Grey in the 18:50 at Kempton on Wednesday (BSP of 15.68)
- Canary Wharf in the 17:20 at Kempton on Wednesday (BSP of 5.04)
- Gorgehous Lliege in the 15:50 at Towcester yesterday (BSP of 4.55)
- Drussell in the 15:40 at Ludlow on Wednesday (BSP of 4.10)
- Jack My Boy in the 16:30 at Lingfield yesterday (BSP of 3.30)
- Young Jackie in the 18:20 at Wolverhampton yesterday (BSP of 2.92)
- Arthur’s Pass in the 16:30 at Leicester on Wednesday (BSP of 2.77)
- Valdaw in the 15:00 at Lingfield yesterday (BSP of 2.37)
- Mick Dundee in the 14:00 at Lingfield yesterday (BSP of 2.10)
- Buddy Bolero in the 15:30 at Leicester on Wednesday (BSP of 2.06)
- Prophets Pride in the 19:50 at Kempton on Wednesday (BSP of 1.94)
- Taxiformissbyron in the 19:50 at Wolverhampton yesterday (BSP of 1.86)
- Thunderstorm in the 14:20 at Towcester yesterday (BSP of 1.77)
- Whispering Warrior in the 16:00 at Lingfield yesterday (BSP of 1.49)
21 top-rated selections have placed and 7 races have been won by second or third top-rated selections including Royal Bajan who won the 18:50 at Wolverhampton yesterday with a Betfair SP of 30.21, Sir Dylan who won the 17:50 at Wolverhampton yesterday with a Betfair SP of 16.55 and Master Overseer who the 15:10 at Wincanton yesterday with a Betfair SP of 15.51.
*With regards to the investigation into top-rated picks with double figure odds, we’re gradually working our way through the 10,000+ selections – hopefully we’ll have some comprehensive findings soon.
Horse Racing Market Movers
The 60 minute steamer system discussed on Wednesday made a profit of 5.06 points after commission on Wednesday and a loss of 4.33 points after commission yesterday (returns based on Betfair place starting prices). We’ll continue to keep an eye on how the approach fares over the next few days.
A couple of stand out steamers did well at Ludlow on Wednesday. Midnight Belle was the only blue steamer on JustStartHere in the 14:40 before going on to win the race with a Betfair SP of 11.26 and Big News recorded the biggest positive Mov1 and 321 values in the 14:10 before going on to place with a Betfair place SP of 11.35: