Wednesday 16th January 2013
There have been 7 top-rated winners over the last 2 days:
- Idol Deputy in the 17:30 at Wolverhampton yesterday (BSP of 4.50)
- Hazard Warning in the 14:20 at Wolverhampton on Monday (4.17)
- Shaking Hands in the 13:40 at Ffos Las on yesterday (BSP of 4.02)
- Killimore Cottage in the 15:05 at Lingfield yesterday (BSP of 3.27)
- Pairumani Prince in the 15:30 at Lingfield on Monday (BSP of 2.78)
- Double Dash in the 15:35 at Lingfield yesterday (BSP of 2.60)
- Sweet Liberta in the 14:00 at Lingfield on Monday (BSP of 2.13)
13 top-rated selections have placed & 8 races have been won by second or third top-rated selections.
E-Book System Results – Last 2 Days
Cherry Lays (Recovery): -3.00 points
(+34.80 points amassed in 2013)
Cherry Pips: -28.80 points
(-95.50 points amassed in 2013)
Full Results (Please note: these 2 systems are not connected to the Cherry Picks ratings)
More Unusual Betting Patterns To Look Out For
Another horse caught my eye on JustStartHere yesterday – one that may surprise you. Miserere Mei recorded a normally off-putting high negative 321 value of -3.33 but that was AFTER the price had steamed in from 25 to 15 between 15 minutes and 3 minutes before post time (the notable price movements are highlighted in red on the screenshot below):
The horse drifted massively during the last 3 minutes before the off but this has to be weighed up against the fact that it was gambled on very heavily during the previous 12 minutes or so. Either way, you should always take note when a a big outsider attracts such a flurry of betting activity.
As it turned out, Miserere Mei (Betfair SP of 21.37) came third in a race where the top 3 were separated by 2 necks. It was a close run thing but the Betfair SP place odds were still a generous 5.17. When it comes to backing outsiders in these scenarios, I would always recommend a conservative approach – i.e. backing them each way or to place.
Watch out for unusual betting patterns today on JustStartHere